Jennifer Post


Jennifer Post is one of Architectural Digest's Top 100 Interior Designers and we're intrigued and pleased to present her here.
Design project photographs shown here are from the designer's own website,
http://www.jenniferpostdesign.com/ and represent a project in a pre-war building in New York, entitled "Apthorp," it is a High End Residential Landmark Building, consisting of some 2,000 sq. ft.

Known for her elegantly minimal approach to design, Jennifer Post creates “clean, sophisticated, modern interiors,” using light and volume like artists’ tools. An unabashed perfectionist, she believes firmly that beauty lies in the details, both in the interior design and in the architecture. “My number one goal is to achieve my client’s vision,” she points out. “I am highly disciplined and extremely focused on my work and my philosophy. I build around light and try to accentuate the natural source of light, and, if I have to, I alter the interior architecture to accomplish this. Furthermore, I will not compromise on a finish or a texture or a fabric, and my clients appreciate this.”

Far from severe, a typical Post interior is seamless, with a “feeling of freedom and an understated sense of luxury,” she maintains. “I believe one lives and feels best in an uncluttered environment. After all, the less you have, the more elegant a home looks, and you can then enjoy your finest things. My interiors are luscious and comfortable and extremely functional.”
For more information about Jennifer Post Design, click here.

No comments: