Decorate A Dreamhouse - English Country Cottage + Afternoon Tea Biscuits Bonus Recipe

Written By: Patricia Lynne

Editor: Sarahjoy Crain


In my current SB Journal entry "Decorating A Dreamhouse" I'm imagining I'm living in a thatched-roof, English-country cottage, like the one at left. 

The cottage:

* is wonderfully comfortable and welcoming
* abounds with overstuffed sofas and chairs
* has lots of snugly woolen shawls to toss over one's shoulders at the first sign of a chill



The Gardens:

The gardens that surround English homes, including
my own cottage, are so important to the English landscape - they are their own art form. Famed author Andy Garnett has stated,


"The Italians have their opera and the French their cuisine, but for the English, it will always be the garden."

Thus in my daily life here I always have at the ready my favorite sun bonnet, sweater and basket of pruning tools.

The garden in the front of the house is slightly more subdued. The cottage's rear yard garden is less so, it is more free form.


I love excellent design and architecture derived from generations of living and learning from the land, as in, English country cottage thatched roofs. Woo-hoo!



We're going inside now, so join me as I decorate my Dreamhouse English Country Cottage.


Article continued, please click here.



No comments: